- If you catch accident when it happens use a rag, towel, or paper towels, apply foot pressure to soak up as much as possible.
- Apply white vinegar to help neutralize the odor (let vinegar sit for 5-10 minutes, do not soak the area, apply with a spray bottle if possible).
- Using another rag, towel or paper towels apply foot pressure to absorb vinegar. Repeat process if necessary.
- For damage not caught in time call Your Pet’s Best Friend Carpet Care and we’ll take care of removing the odor damage problem and disinfect and sanitize all your carpet.
5 Maintenance and Preservation Tips for your Carpet
- Vacuum carpet 2-3 times a week. This is the most important tip!
- Avoid using highly concentrated cleaners. (soap is very sticky and attracts dirt) Dilute any soaps or detergents 1 part/soap to 10 parts/ water.
- Avoid bleach; bleach destroys carpets.
- Place a welcome mat at all entrances to your home. This helps to reduce the amount of dirt and debris from entering your home.
- Are you a pet lover? If so, comb your loved ones as often as possible (outdoors if you can) to help reduce dander in your carpet. This will help your pet to smell cleaner and prevent smelly dander from creating dirt and odor problems in your carpet.